The Maize Mill Project for Mvugo Women Support Group for people living with HIV.
Project Launch: 9-9-21
With $6,648.13, Tigwirane Manja Foundation (TMF) and Mvugo Support Group will procure and install a diesel powered maize mill and sheller for grain preparation and milling serving the entire Mvugo community while generating income for the 25 members of the Support Group. The project will also install an Afridev pump shallow well to provide water to the community and be used in the milling process. This multifaceted project will improve various aspects of the community from reducing the distance travelled to access milling services and draw water for household use to increasing the income needed to meet nutritional needs and transportation costs of people living with HIV/AIDs.
Project Update: 1-24-22
The establishment of the Mvugo maize milling initiative is progressing very well with the construction of a mill house completed and a flour preparation mill already procured using the initial 60% of grant funds. The remaining 40% of funds will be used to purchase a grain shelling mill and an Afridev water pump. It is projected that the two mills and the water pump will be installed and be fully operational by mid-April. Group Village Headman Mvugo, who has been pivotal from the start of the project, was full of gratitude to World Connect, ‘It all looked like a dream, but we finally have a maize mill house. Long at last the project has taken shape. We are thankful to World Connect.’