Supporting Improved Literacy and Education Attainment at Namatapa Primary School

Year: 2022
Country: Malawi
Project Investment: $9,688.89
Project Status: Funded
Sector: Education

Project Launch: 1-12-22

The "Supporting Improved Literacy and Education Attainment at Namatapa Primary School'' project in Zomba Rural will address the classroom shortfall which has impeded the community to achieve quality education and keep children in school.  Through the project a two roomed classroom block will be constructed  to support 120 learners  who now learn under the trees making learning challenging during harsh weather such as rains and high temperatures. The project will positively bring about improvements in learning outcomes of learners,  reduction in pupil classroom ratio as well as improved hygiene among learners and overall health at the school. 

Project Update: 2-16-22

One month after receiving 60% of the $9,688.89 World Connect grant, Chisomo group has constructed a two roomed classroom block to ring beam level with ventilation windows, door frames and doors fitted. With the remaining 40% of the grant, roofing, flooring and painting will be done. The 18m by 9.5m structure is expected to house not less than 120 pupils at Namatapa Primary school in Zomba district who now learn under the trees making learning challenging during harsh weather such as rains and high temperatures. The project will positively bring about improvements in learning outcomes of learners and reduction in pupil classroom ratio as well as improved hygiene among learners. The new classroom block is expected to be in use by March 2022.